First up on the menu Sweet Potato Risotto.
It seems that even the best of places fail to make risotto, and I mean good creamy cheesy risotto. For those of you who aren't familiar, shame on you. Risotto is a rice dish and can be friends with veggies or meat or alone with tons of parmesan cheese and pepper. This is a recipe I saw then toyed around with to get it to be perfect. I recommend serving with a large salad of your choice and white wine. Bon appetit!!
The dish will need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until absorbed.
- Measure 3½ cups of water. Add ¾ cup at a time and cook, stirring occasionally and waiting until each addition is absorbed before adding the next. It should take 25 to 30 minutes for all the water to be absorbed.
- Stir in the Parmesan and oregano.