Friday, May 28, 2010

Sweet corn, tomato and avocado salad with a cilantro lime dressing.

I had a dinner party last night. I have a large porch so I set up tables with candles and all white dishes, I had tons of drinks and a signature margarita. A few really great close friends came over and we sat there while a thunderstorm raged on, eating laughing enjoying the start of summer. On the menu was a mustard based potato salad,baked beans full of brown sugar and bacon, cheeseburgers with a secret family seasoning hot dogs and then my new creation the sweet corn salad. I thought Id post this recipe because it just tasted like summer. The corn was sweet the tomatoes juicy and the lime cilantro dressing made me crave that margarita. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.


What you will need:
5 ears sweet corn
1 container of cherry tomatoes
1 ripe avocado
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 handful of fresh cilantro
1 fresh lime

What you should do:
Microwave the husked corn for 4 minutes.
Cut off all the kernels and place in serving dish of your choice.
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and mix with the corn.
Cube your avocado and add into the mix.
In a separate dish mix the oil, lime and cilantro(chopped) then pour over the corn mixture.
Mix with a fork , I usually season to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Keep cool in the refrigerator until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment