Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Drunken Berry Brownies

I have two great loves in my life, one is red wine and the other is baked goods. So this past winter , which I like to refer to as the season of snow and snacks due to my 20 lb weight gain, I came up with this recipe.

Drunken Berry Brownies
You will need:
One package of strawberries
One bottle of your favorite red wine
1/2 cup for marinating the berries the rest for drinking while brownies bake.
Now I like to make my own brownies but you may use a box mix, just make sure you get a moist fudgey mix.
If you would like to make your own like me, here is my recipe:
Oven at 350
4 squares of unsweet bakers chocolate
1 1/2 stick butter
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla

Cut up strawberries and soak them in the wine for at least 3 hours.

Then melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave
stir until chocolate is fully melted then add in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
blend well and slowly add in the flour.
grease a 9 by 13 pan and bake for approximately 18 mins, check them often due to the low amount of flour the brownies will be thick and bake quickly.


I serve these warm topped with the berries and a splash of wine, feel free to use a chocolate sauce as well just be careful not to use too much and over power the amazing aroma and flavor of those drunken berries! BonAppetit

No comments:

Post a Comment